Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Coming Together

The basement is coming together! Over the last few days, Chad and I put two coats of paint on the basement walls, and they look great! It's really amazing how much a paint job can change the whole look and feel of a room...or in this case, a whole floor...:) All of the walls are now consistently one color, instead of two colors of paint and then a bunch of paneling. Why was paneling ever popular, anyway??
















We had some very important visitors on the day we painted!

Chad's parents: Arvid and Marj


My Grandma Bernice:


And my Mom and Dad:


Chad also started painting the room we call "the office" in the basement. As it does not have egress windows, it is not a legal bedroom. If it were me, I would use it as a nice office/computer room. We decided we were tired of buying paint, so we checked out what we had left from painting our house, and we had a whole gallon left of our living room paint color. So, the basement office now has Natural Bark on the walls! It really changes up that little room. We considered painting it the same as the other walls in the basement, but also wanted to distinguish it as it's own usable room. I think that was a good call...and hopefully someone will come along and find themselves computing away in there one day soon!



Dad and Chad are both working at the house today. Chad has finally been catching a break at work and able to afford a day of vacation here and there without being too overwhelmed when getting back to work the next day. So today's agenda sounds like some work on the basement stairwell (which will lead to more, you guessed it, PAINTING!). Chad will put the second coat of Natural Bark on the office walls, and baseboard and trim will be installed in all basement rooms. We decided to just trim out the sheetrocked walls and not the paneling walls. However, we'll see what I think when I look at it. If it looks choppy not having trim on the paneled walls, I might advocate for doing it all. But if it looks okay without, then we're going to leave it. It doesn't have to look great...just okay...haha! :)













I believe Dad is also planning to install fixtures in the bathrooms: towel bars, toilet paper holders, etc. I purchased some pretty new towels to hang in the bathrooms when we are ready to stage! I also have a few different ideas for some little pretty things to set around the house to help it feel a little more homey.

I'm hoping we are only a week away from cleaning time! Once the house is cleaned, we can do a little staging, and then it goes on the market! *GASP* I was beginning to think just the thought would never get here...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment