Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Happenings

It's been almost a month since my last blog post, so I guess it is time to get back on the ball and get some more updates and pictures posted. I left off with the last post after Chad and I had painted the bathroom. We now have a vanity, counter top, doors, trim, and working toilet installed in the bathroom! I am a little jealous of the new bathroom, as our's at home is not near as big or nice. I could see myself waking up in the morning and taking my shower and getting ready for work in the flip house bathroom. I think we all really seem to like it!







We also began working on the three bedrooms on the main floor. Kyle, Cory, and Dad cleared all the tools and supplies out of the rooms, and then we could really go to work. Dad had already begun taping and mudding the cracks in the walls, so we had a good headstart. We decided to remove the paneling in the one bedroom and replace with sheetrock. We wanted all the rooms to look more updated and consistent, and getting rid of the paneling really helped with that! Dad also built a little casing around the pipes for the bathtub, which before were just open inside the extra bedroom closet.







Ones the floors and windows were covered, we could begin texturing! This is one of Chad's favorite parts of the remodeling process. Adding texture to the walls makes a big difference!







More updates are coming once I upload recent pictures from my camera. We've now painted all the bedrooms and pulled up the rosin paper because........THE FLOORS ARE GETTING REFINISHED THIS WEEK!!! We are all extremely excited about this project, which will take about a whole week to complete. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment